Early Years Scotland are currently recruiting an Early Years Practicioner (Prison Support).
The post is 17.5 hours per week, with a salary of £19,190 and a fixed-term contract, until March 2017.
The successful candidate will work in Scottish prisons to facilitate participative, shared play and learning sessions with prisoners, their partners and young children. They will support the current Early Years Scotland programme in HMP Low Moss, Barlinnie, Dumfries and Castle Huntly, and support the Early Years Practitioner when necessary.
They will also plan, deliver and evaluate play, learning activities and sessions involving parents and children, as well as supporting the “Learning Together Through Play” programme, which consists of a mix of theoretical and experiential learning, all focused around play with young children and the importance of play in young children’s learning and development.
The successful candidate will encourage positive relationships between parents and children through shared play, and work with a range of partners to review learning and contribute to the development of future plans.
Applicants should demonstrate:
- sound understanding and knowledge of how children develop and learn
- an ability to build effective relationships with families and have experience of working with parents and families living in difficult circumstances
- experience of working with a range of colleagues from other agencies
- excellent communication and organisational skills
- an ability to work on own initiative and also as an effective member of a team
Applications should be made by completing the application form; CVs will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 9th August.
For further information, please visit the Early Years Scotland website.