CVS Falkirk is currently recruiting a Volunteering Officer via Community Job Scotland.
The position is for 25 hours per week, with a wage of £8.45 per hour.
Community Jobs Scotland (CJS) creates work opportunities for young unemployed people within third sector organisations throughout Scotland.
The following vacancy is only open to vulnerable unemployed 16 to 29 year olds, including carers, early service leavers (armed forces), care experienced, disabled, young people with convictions and young people who are on an Activity Agreement who are not on the Work Programme, Work Choice, Specialist Employment Support, Work First Scotland or Work Able Scotland.
The role will be based around the promotion, development and support of volunteering activity throughout the Falkirk and District area.
The successful candidate will assist in signposting potential volunteers into suitable volunteering opportunities, and monitoring the success of the opportunity, for both the volunteer and the organisation. They will also assist with CVS Falkirk’s administrative processes, and specifically the Volunteering Team’s, thereby aiding and enhancing the delivery of CVS Falkirk’s services to volunteers, social enterprises and third sector organisations in the Falkirk Council area.
- to provide a range of administrative services, including telephone handling, incoming and outgoing mail, word processing, updating spreadsheets, updating databases, mail-merge, photocopying, shredding, laminating and filing
- to undertake administrative tasks in relation to the database, in particular updating records
- to promote the principles of volunteering more widely by attending events throughout the area
- to support people into suitable volunteering opportunities, and monitoring the success of the opportunity, for both the volunteer and the organisation
- to support the development of new volunteering opportunities and new organisations with potential volunteering opportunities
- to promote best practice and awards such as Investors in Volunteers (IIV) and the Volunteer Friendly Award (VFA) with organisations involving volunteers, and support them towards achieving these awards
- to undertake other duties as determined from time to time, in order to ensure efficient operation of the organisation
- good written and numeracy skills
- experience of Microsoft Office packages
- willingness to learn, work as part of a team and to help others
- knowledge of the third sector
- awareness of office health and safety and/or first aid in the workplace
The closing date for applications is Monday 31st July.
To apply, please contact your local Jobcentre Plus or Skills Development Scotland advisor to access a Community Jobs Scotland application form (job number 5930).
For further information on the programme, please visit the Community Jobs Scotland website.