CVS Falkirk is currently recruiting a Saltire Awards Administrator via Community Jobs Scotland.
The position is for 25 hours per week, with a wage of £9 per hour.
Community Jobs Scotland (CJS) creates work opportunities for young unemployed people within third sector organisations throughout Scotland.
This particular vacancy is only open to vulnerable unemployed 16 – 29 year olds, including carers, early service leavers (armed forces), care experienced, disabled, young people with convictions and young people who are on an Activity Agreement who are not on the Work Programme, Work Choice, Specialist Employment Support, Work First Scotland or Work Able Scotland.
The role will involve assisting in facilitating the Saltire Awards for young volunteers in the Falkirk and District area, by collating all incoming Saltire Awards timesheets and updating volunteers’ files and processing requests for Saltire certificates. Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in organising presentations and participating at events and meetings for the volunteering team to promote the Saltire Awards.
- to provide a range of administrative services including telephone handling, incoming and outgoing mail, word processing, updating spreadsheets, mail-merge, photocopying, shredding, laminating and filing
- to collate all incoming Saltire Awards timesheets and update volunteers’ files
- to process requests for Saltire certificates
- to organise presentations, participation at events and meetings for the Volunteering Team to promote the Saltire Awards
- to undertake administrative tasks in relation to the database, in particular updating records
- to assist with the smooth running of the busy office including, for example, loading paper and staples into printers, ensuring the office is kept safe and tidy
- to undertake other duties as determined from time to time, in order to ensure efficient operation of the organisation
- good written and numeracy skills
- experience of Microsoft Office packages
- willingness to learn, work as part of a team and to help others
- knowledge of the third sector
- awareness of office health and safety
The closing date for applications is Thursday 31st October.
To apply, please contact your local Jobcentre Plus or Skills Development Scotland advisor to access a Community Jobs Scotland application form (job number 10374).
For further information on the programme, please visit the Community Jobs Scotland website.