In partnership with Falkirk Council, we at CVS Falkirk are recruiting a Development Officer to develop and deliver our new Improving Employability Through Volunteering project. The position is 35 hours per week, with a salary of £25,000 and a fixed term contract until October 2020.
This project will provide the pathway for individuals to engage in interesting and bespoke volunteering opportunities to improve their employability skills, as well as providing support to the local third sector to engage with our project and contribute to the local employability agenda.
Applicants should have a good understanding of working in the third sector, supporting employability initiatives and believe in the ethos of volunteering. This post will be subject to PVG membership.
Key tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- encourage and support individuals into a safe, appropriate and meaningful placements
- engage and local third sector organisations to participate in this project by creating and hosting a range of volunteering placements
- liaise with key personnel within Falkirk Council Employment and Training Unit (ETU) throughout the project.
- hold monthly Introduction to Volunteering sessions
- meet with each individual to ascertain their interests and employability goals
- place each individual in a safe, appropriate and meaningful placement
- keep in contact with the individual throughout their volunteering placement
- support each individual in development of their portfolio
- develop a range of suitable volunteering placements in Falkirk and District area
- develop information and support pack for potential placement organisations
- liaise with the individual and placement organisation throughout the placement to ensure that the individual is well supported, has the opportunity to learn new skills and build confidence and experience that will improve their employability skills
For further information, please view the full job description and person specification.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 14th September. Interviews will be held on Friday 28th September. Application is by application pack only; please note that CVs will not be accepted.