CVS Falkirk is currently recruiting a Communications Assistant via Community Jobs Scotland (CJS).
The position is for 25 hours per week, with a wage in line with the Scottish Living Wage.
As part of CJS, this particular vacancy is only open to unemployed 16 – 29 year olds, including carers, early service leavers (armed forces), care experienced, disabled, young people with convictions and young people on an Activity Agreementwho are not on the Work Programme, Work Choice, Specialist Employment Support, Work First Scotland, Work Able Scotland or Fair Start Scotland.
The role will involve assisting with the provision of high quality communication services, enhancing the delivery of services provided to the third sector locally. The successful candidate will assist in promoting a professional approach within the organisation, and a professional face for the organisation externally, in relation to Partnership matters.
- providing a range of administrative support to communications function of the organisation, including: creation of e-bulletin articles and proof-reading
- reviewing the CVS Falkirk website, including identifying articles that require amendment, arranging for removal of obsolete items, and checking that links work (including those to external websites)
- undertake administrative tasks in relation to events, in particular ensuring the events calendar is up to date
- setting up the meeting room for events and third sector forums
- taking minutes at third sector forum meetings and ensure they are communicated on our website in a timely manner
- dealing appropriately with telephone and personal enquiries, mail and email as necessary, relating to public relations and press matters with support from the Partner Communications Officer
- assisting with social media presence, such as Twitter schedules
- assisting with communications reporting including: events calendar, partner communications recording, compiling event evaluations
- assisting with expanding our reach to the third sector, and identifying organisations not currently engaged with the organisation
The closing date for applications is Friday 1st March.
To apply, please contact your local Jobcentre Plus or Skills Development Scotland advisor to access a Community Jobs Scotland application form (job number 9439).
For further information, please visit the Community Jobs Scotland website.