Falkirk’s Child Protection Committee will be holding Child Protection Practitioner (CPC) Forums on Tuesday 22nd May and Wednesday 23rd May. Both Forums will be held 9:30am – 1pm, with registration from 9:10am, at the Camelon Education Centre, Abercrombie Street, Camelon FK1 4H4.
The Forums will be based around the theme of “Working With Resistance and the Lived Experience of the Child”, and are open to experienced practitioners and managers from the wider Children’s Commission who can commit to representing their team, and share information with them following the session.
The Forums will also feature the launch of Forth Valley’s “Working with Resistance Guidance”, and provide an opportunity to consider what “resistance” looks like, along with the potential impact on children.
There will also be an interactive session providing opportunities to consider practice when working with children and families reflecting on the topics of:
- pre-birth assessments
- working with violent men
- how do we recognise disguised compliance
- coercive control
- parents with learning disabilities
As a result of the Forums, attendees should be feel able to:
- promote the use of new guidance on Working with Resistance
- further develop knowledge, skills and understanding of working with resistance and the lived experience of the child or young person
- develop an understanding of best practice drawing on the collective experiences of practitioners in the wider Children’s Commission
- illustrate the importance of relationships in how we effectively work together with families to achieve improved outcomes for children and young people
Places are limited, and booking is essential. To book your place, please contact Falkirk’s Child Protection Committee by email: email@example.com
Education Services staff are required to book a place on CPD Manager.