Scottish Parliament’s COVID-19 Committee wants to hear people’s views on the options for refining or reducing the current lockdown arrangements.
The Committee is keen to hear from as many people as possible, as part of Scottish Government’s COVID-19 Framework for Decision-Making and its call for ideas from the public on transitioning out of the current lockdown. The feedback gathered here is intended to complement this work.
They are specifically looking for people’s views on:
- Scottish Government’s approach in its COVID-19 Framework for Decision-Making
- the scope for a differentiated approach to easing current restrictions on an area by area basis across the UK and in Scotland
- how to maintain public confidence and support in the public sector response to COVID-19 as determined by Scottish Government, whilst easing current restrictions
- how different interests in civic society and the economy should be involved in the decision-making process about amending restrictions, and what would enable the final decisions to be widely supported despite any necessary trade-offs that may require to be made
- could the current decision-making processes used by the Scottish Government to respond to COVID-19 be improved, and if so, how?
- how robust is the current data used to inform the ongoing response and are there areas where further development is required?
- how should the messaging strategy be developed by Scottish Government as parts of the current lockdown are eased (with the possibility of a potential need to create other restrictions)
The deadline for responses is Friday 29th May. Ideally, submissions should be no more than four sides of A4.
Written views in any language (including English, Gaelic, and Scots) are welcomed. Scottish Parliament and its Committees value diversity and seek to work towards committee witnesses being broadly representative of Scotland’s society; as such, they encourage members of underrepresented groups to submit their views.
To submit your response electronically, or for advice and information on other ways to submit a response, please contact the COVID-19 Committee Clerks by email: Covid.Committee@Parliament.Scot
Alternatively, for further information, visit the Scottish Parliament website.