The Community Ownership Support Service (COSS) are holding a Community Ownership: Assets for People and Place event for Forth Valley on Saturday 2nd March, 9:30am – 3:30pm at the Forth Valley Sensory Centre, Redbrae Road, Camelon, FK1 4DD.
Are there publicly owned land and buildings in your community that you think the community could make better use of? Do you want to find out about the new community rights in Scotland that can help you?
The event is specifically designed to inform communities about their rights regarding asset transfer. Attendees will learn about the powers communities have to take ownership, lease or manage land and buildings, what assets can be transferred into community ownership, and how to go about it.
The day’s agenda will be:
- 9:30am: Registration and refreshments
- 10am: Welcome and introduction
- 10:10am: “If Not You then Who?”
- 10:30am: “What are the Rights of Communities?” – covering the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015, the nuts and bolts of community rights
- 11am: “Community Support?” Input from the key Third Sector Support Agencies in the area
- 11:10am: COSS support and practical tools available
- 11:30am: Refreshments
- 11:50am: “Viability not Liability”
- 12:45pm: Lunch (provided by Rainbow House)
- 1:30pm: “Those who have gone before” – hearing from a community group managing an asset
- 2:10pm: “Acquisition Funding” – speakers from the Highlands and Islands Enterprise team (discussing the Scottish Land Fund) and the BIG Lottery Fund (speaking on Community Assets)
- 2:50pm: “Post Acquisition Development Funding” from the Big Lottery Fund
- 3:30pm: Event close
To book your place, or for further information, please visit the Eventbrite page.