Comic Relief’s new Maternal Mental Health Initiative is open for applications.
Grants of up to £120,000 are available for between two and three years of activity. Applicants must be able to demonstrate how they will work within existing cross-sector referral pathways, or develop these in order to provide wrap-around support to women experiencing perinatal mental health issues.
More than 1 in 10 women develop a mental illness during pregnancy, or in the first year of their baby’s life. Comic Relief is seeking proposals that:
- support early identification of perinatal mental health issues, raise awareness and encourage women and families to seek support early
- provide women and their families with effective, flexible, local support in a community-based setting
- reduce isolation, remove barriers to people accessing support and provide a mixture of activities and support options
- have good working relationships and referral pathways with a range of voluntary and statutory partners
- provide women and families, who have experience of recovering from perinatal mental health issues, with opportunities to support others in similar situations
The closing date for applications is 12pm Wednesday 15th June 2016.
For further information please visit the Comic Relief website.