New or existing community and voluntary groups in Scotland’s coalfield communities can apply for capital and revenue grants of £500 to £10,000 from the Coalfields Community Investment Programme, for projects that provide significant benefit to eligible coalfields communities.
To be eligible for funding, projects must address one or more of the following outcomes, which are:
- Improving the economic viability of communities by reducing welfare dependency, improving household income and encouraging local economic activity
- Enhancing the experience of living and working in a community by expanding the facilities available to its members
- Providing opportunities for participation in social and healthy lifestyle activities
- Facilitate capacity building to increase local participation in community development.
The type of activities that could be funded include:
- Social enterprise projects delivering economic activity and employment opportunities
- Childcare provision
- Maintenance, repair or development of community centres
- Youth clubs and seniors’ social and activity clubs.
The next deadline for applications is Wednesday 11th November 2015.
For more information visit Coalfields Regeneration website or contact CVS Falkirk and speak with Tariq or Claire on 01324 692000, alternatively you can email: email@example.com