Falkirk Child Protection Committee are hosting a series of Child Protection (Basic Awareness) Training Sessions, with the first being Tuesday 27th September 2016, 9:15am – 12:45pm. Venues will be confirmed either on booking, or two weeks beforehand. Cost is £10 per person.
The session is aimed at staff and volunteers whose work brings them into contact with children, young people, or their families. It is suitable for staff who may have contact with, but do not work directly with children or their families within their workplace setting.
Participants will learn to:
- identify the needs of children as outlined in “Getting It Right For Every Child”
- describe some of the key indicators of abuse and neglect
- respond to a concern that a child may be at risk of abuse or neglect
- understand your responsibilities and role in child protection
The training will also take place on:
- Tuesday 25th October 2016, 9:15am – 12:45pm
- Monday 28th November 2016, 9:15am – 12:45pm
Alternatively, send the form by post: Evelyn McGregor, Child Protection Training Administrator, Social Work Services, Rossvail, 108a Glasgow Road, Camelon, Falkirk, FK1 4HS.