Organisers of the NHS Scotland Event 2020 are inviting bids for both Parallel and Spotlight Sessions, which feature during breakout time slots in the Event Programme.
The Event takes place on Wednesday 24th June and Thursday 25th June at the Scottish Events Campus (SEC) in Glasgow, and acts as a networking and educational gathering for those who work in and with the NHS in Scotland, providing an opportunity to bring together those committed to health and social care provision.
The Health and Social Care Delivery Plan set the aim of “a Scotland with high quality services, that have a focus on prevention, early intervention and supported self-management.” Ongoing work to achieve that aim has been set in the context of the challenges of demographic changes, increasing public expectation, and demand for services against the background of an increasingly tightening financial situation.
The NHSScotland Event 2020 focuses on the ongoing challenges. The programme will feature examples of work being taken forward across the priority areas and will ask:
- what still needs to be done?
- what more needs to be done to achieve the kind of shift to prevention, integration and closer collaboration to ensure people are healthy and active, and deliver improved population health outcomes?
- how to ensure that health and social care services can sustainably respond to the complex challenges of the 21st century?
Parallel Sessions run twice a day and last 75 minutes. The 12 Parallel Sessions that feature on Day One of the Event will be repeated on Day Two, meaning there are 12 opportunities for Parallel Sessions.
Spotlight Sessions feature three 15 minute presentations with time set aside for question and answer sessions at the end. Spotlight Sessions are not repeated so the Event will feature 2 spotlight sessions each day, each featuring 3 presentations. Again, there are 12 opportunities.
Bids for Sessions should focus on practical actions that your organisation is taking to work across the whole of the health and social care system to deliver priorities. When submitting your bid you can ask that your work be considered for:
- a Parallel Session
- a Spotlight Session
Bids must contain:
- a clear description of how your work fits with the Event narrative as described in this document
- a clear and logical presentation of the work, project, or initiative your organisation is doing and a clear articulation of the outcomes being delivered for people in Scotland as a result of this work
- a description of the human dimensions of working differently and the mechanisms you used to take people with you on the improvement journey
Bids must not exceed 400 words excluding the title, headings and any references.
Third sector groups and organisations have the opportunity to submit a bid via the Health and Social Care Alliance (ALLIANCE), who will shortlist from those received and submit 5 for final consideration by NHS Scotland.
Bids are submitted by a Parallel and Spotlight Session Proposal Form. There is also a guidance document; interested groups and organisations are urged to read the whole document before submitting a bid.
The deadline for bids is 5pm on Tuesday 4th February.
To submit your bid, please contact Justine Duncan by email: Justine.email@example.com