The British Red Cross are now re-establishing themselves in the Falkirk area and have 3 new volunteering opportunities:
- Mobility Aids volunteer
- Support at Home volunteers
- Transport Support volunteers
Mobility Aids Volunteer
This opportunity provides valuable short-term support to vulnerable people in the Falkirk area, whether they are recovering from an operation, need a wheelchair or just need help coping around the house. The mobility aids service provides donation based wheelchair hire and short-term loans of equipment in almost 1,000 outlets across the UK.
Duties will include:
- Demonstrating how to use and look after the wheelchairs and other items
- Delivering and collecting, or helping monitor the delivery and collection of equipment and maintaining relevant paperwork
- Checking, clearing and maintaining equipment, adhering to any relevant compliance and record keeping standards
- Receiving and recording
This opportunity takes place across the Forth Valley area and is open to those over the age of 16.
Timings can be flexible to suit the volunteer.
Support at Home Volunteer
The aim of this role is to place the service user at the centre of what the British Red Cross do and help them to get through a crisis by offering positive encouragement, practical help and emotional support, for a few days or longer, depending on their needs.
- Visiting the service user on their arrival home from hospital
- Keeping someone company for a few hours at a time
- Helping with practical tasks like shopping, collecting prescriptions and light meal preparations
- Sitting with the service user and relieving the relative or carer of continuous care
- Keeping paper records of contact and activities undertaken with the service user
This opportunity takes place across the Forth Valley area and is open those over the age of 15 years old. Timings can be flexible to suit the volunteer.
This opportunity offers door-to-door assistance for those in need, providing them with freedom to travel for those with mobility problems, helping them get to medical appointments, shopping or even just out of the house and socialising.
- Taking someone on a short trip or helping them run errands, providing door-to-door assistance for an appointment or visit
- Offering a trained volunteer escort and conveying passengers safely from their starting point to their final destination either in British Red Cross vehicles or the drivers own vehicle
- Accompanying someone on a public transport journey enabling them to keep appointments safely and efficiently
This opportunity takes place across the Forth Valley area and is open those over the age of 18 years old. Timings can be flexible to suit the volunteer.
For further information on any of the above opportunities, please contact a member of the Volunteering Team on 01324 692000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org