bOunceT is currently recruiting a Play Co-ordinator.
The position is 35 hours per week (over various days, including weekends), with a salary of £17,000; the position is funded until April 2022, and based at Unit 111, John Player Building, Stirling Enterprise Park (STEP), Players Road, Stirling, FK7 7RP.
bOunceT (previously Forth Valley Rebound Therapy Service CIC) is a social enterprise aiming to improve the quality of life and participation in occupations and meaningful activities for children and adults with a range of physical and cognitive additional support needs.
The successful candidate will support the Occupational Therapist deliver 1:1 trampoline-based therapeutic play sessions to children and adults as part of bOunceT’s “Inclusive & Meaningful Play” project.
Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children or adults with additional support needs. Experience in the health and social care sector, a full UK driving license and access to a car for work are desirable, but not essential.
Other responsibilities will include (amongst others):
- follow guidance from the child or adults activity-based Play Plan; these Play Plans will be created by the Occupational Therapist
- write all notes in SOAP note (subjective, objective, assessment and plan) format and upload information to the secure portal (Evisense) promptly, in accordance with company policy and regulatory guidelines
- ensure secure management of caseload and sensitive information about the intervention being delivered, progress of the individual and any other information regarding the individual and their family carers
- complete daily Visual Trampoline Checks and cleaning
- contribute to individuals’ progress reports, as requested by the Occupational Therapist
- ensure all relevant parties involved in the care of the individual accessing bOunceT are regularly updated on changes and progress of the interventions delivered during sessions, in liaison with the Occupational Therapist. This may include preparing a report for meetings
- attend children and adults professional review meetings, if appropriate, either with or without the Occupational Therapist present
- co-ordinate any timetable changes to relevant individuals and families on caseload, with approval from Occupational Therapist
- identify own personal learning needs – continue to develop skills required by the service and the job
- attend and feedback to Board of Directors during quarterly meetings, when relevant
As bOunceT is a start-up social enterprise, all employees are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises, meaning that tasks not specifically covered by the Job Description may have to be undertaken. These additional duties will normally be compatible with regular type of work. If the additional responsibility or task becomes regular or a frequent part of the staff member’s job, it will be included on the Job Description, in consultation with the member of staff.
The deadline for applications is Friday 5th July. Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 15th July.
To apply, or for further information, please contact Executive Director and Occupational Therapist Callum MacKinnon by phone: 01786 431735, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, for further information, view the full job advert.