Blazing Saddles are holding a workshop to provide information on the services the organisation provide. The workshop will be hel on Saturday 27th February 2016 from 10am – 2.30pm at Dawson Bike Club, Falkirk, FK2 7XB.
The workshop fee is £10 with all proceeds going to the continuing work of Blazing Saddles’ Inspiring, Innovative and Inclusive Cycling Project.
The programme for the day is as follows:
10 – 1010am Welcome and introductions
- Overview of the day and meeting instructor and participants
1010 – 1030am Meet the adaptive bikes and have a go
- Getting to know the Blazing Saddles adaptive bikes and how they work and can be adapted
1030 – 1115am Replacing inner tubes
- How to replace inner tubes on different adaptive bikes
1115 – 1145am Puncture repair
- How to repair a punctured inner tube
1145 – 1215am Chain splitting / re-joining
- Learning how to efficiently split a chain and exploring the best way to re-join a broken chain
1215 – 1pm Lunch
- Please bring your own packed lunch
1pm Group ride using Blazing Saddles adaptive bikes
- Including preparing an appropriate roadside repair kit for the bikes being used
2pm – 2.30pm Volunteer Opportunities with FABB/Blazing Saddles
- Information about our Bike Buddies’ Scheme; FABB Adventure and Close of Workshop
Booking in advance is essential, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to avoid disappointment.
Closing date for bookings: Friday 12th February 2016.