The Association of Chairs have published a “A Question of Balance – a guide to the Chair and Chief Executive relationship” which aims to help Chairs of third sector boards explore and strengthen the relationship they have with their CEO.
Forging a successful relationship with your CEO is a key part of the Chair’s role. But that is no simple task. Each relationship is complex, dynamic and unique. It is vital Chairs recognise the importance of the relationship and invest time, energy and effort in making it a success.
- Identifies what is needed at key stages in the Chair-CEO relationship.
- Explores nine key themes where the Chair needs to strike the right balance.
- Encourages Chairs to be emotionally aware.
- Offers insights from research.
- Provides pointers for when things go wrong.
The guide is intended primarily for Chairs, both new and experienced, but will also be useful to Vice Chairs, trustees, CEOs and governance advisers.
For further information, or to download the guide, please visit the Association of Chairs’ website.