NHS Forth Valley has organised 4 sets of online “Ask, Tell: Mental Health and Suicide Prevention” workshops, taking place via Microsoft Teams on the following dates:
- Set 1: Monday 25th January, Monday 1st February, and Monday 8th February, 11am – 12pm
- Set 2: Monday 22nd February, Monday 1st March and Monday 8th March, 2pm – 3pm
- Set 3: Wednesday 24th February, Wednesday 3rd March, and Wednesday 10th March, 1pm -2pm
- Set 4: Monday 15th March, Monday 22nd March, and Monday 29th March, 11am -12pm
The workshops cover mental wellbeing, suicide prevention, and having compassionate conversations with people who are experiencing mental distress, or who may feel suicidal.
While each workshop can be attended on its own, it is recommended that participants attend all 3 workshops in each set.
- Workshop 1 “Ask, Tell: Look after your mental health” explores what mental health is and that we all have mental health. Factors that can affect mental health are shown, including how we can promote good mental health and respond compassionately to people who may be experiencing mental ill-health or distress.
- Workshop 2 “Ask, Tell: How to have a healthy conversation” gives practical advice about how and when to have compassionate conversations with people who may be experiencing mental distress or feeling suicidal. It also provides information on how to get immediate help and support.
- Workshop 3 “Ask, Tell: Save a life” explores the issue of suicide, including statistics and facts about suicide in Scotland. It helps learners understand the signs that people may be thinking about suicide, and how and when to provide immediate help and support.
Places are limited to 12 per set, and booking is essential.
To book your place, please complete the online booking form. Please note in the date section which series you are requesting to attend. You will be contacted by email to confirm your place and will receive the joining information by email.