In partnership with Disclosure Scotland, Action on Elder Abuse Scotland’s 2019 national conference take place on Wednesday 4th September at the Hilton Hotel, 1 William Street, Glasgow, G3 8HT.
“Ageing in Scotland: Justice, Injustice and Protection” will feature a range of speakers, and consider society’s perception of older people in modern Scotland, and the ways in which support structures reflect the unique dynamics of older age in relation to harm, abuse and exploitation.
Speakers and contributors include:
- Humza Yousaf MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Justice, who will deliver the keynote address
- Steven Fitzpatrick, providing a personal perspective of elder abuse
- Sandra McDonald, a former Scottish Public Guardian
- Paul Greenwood, a retired Deputy District Attorney in San Diego, California
- Kathryn McKay and Dr. Fiona Sherwood-Johnson from Stirling University
Further contributors and workshop choices will be announced shortly by Action on Elder Abuse Scotland.
Tickets are £49 each.
To book your place, or for further information, please visit the Action on Elder Abuse Scotland website.