Energy Saving Trust is holding a free online event supporting disabled, elderly, and rural cycling, taking place on Wednesday 25th August, 1pm – 4:30pm.
“Achieving an active Scotland for all: ebikes, adapted cycles and bike shares” aims to provide an opportunity to learn about accessibility and cycling, and to build knowledge on ebikes, adapted cycles and bike shares. There will be virtual presentations, panel discussions and breakout sessions that will explore how to enable access to cycling for everyone in Scotland.
Attendees will hear from a range of speakers, discussing ways to achieve an active nation and green recovery in an inclusive way, with the opportunity to meet several funders and project leaders helping to achieve this goal.
The event will cover:
- providing a sustainable all-ability cycling service
- building blocks for inclusion in cycling for disabled people
- access to ebikes in rural Scotland and rural bike shares
- ebike, adapted and rural cycle projects in Scotland
- operating an inclusive public bike share scheme
- removing infrastructure barriers
To book your free place, or for further information (including confirmed speakers), please visit the Energy Saving Trust website.